Note:

Blog posts on the home page are in an order that might spoil it. Before reading a post, ensure that it's the right chapter that you're looking for. If you can remember what chapter of a particular story you are on, please search it in the box to the right of the page! Thank you.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Yay! It's March!

Hey Guys --

 I know it's been a while but I figured I'll take a break from my studying while my brain is on overload and I'll finally get a post up on here.

I was accepted this past Thanksgiving break into Virginia Commonwealth University, and I moved into my tiny little dorm space in January just after my 20th birthday. Quite a way to start my new year. School has been great though -- I'm very happy to have moved onto my Criminal Justice major here at the school and I feel like I am accomplishing a lot despite how stressful it has been to rush and jump into a new environment as rapidly as I have.

I've since joined a Criminal Justice honor society here, and I never once imagined myself being in any form of society -- let alone one that seems to be so promising to help me in my drive towards graduation and nabbing a career.

I have a lot of plans for this blog as soon as I find another time window to start expanding. I think posting a lot of character profiles on here will be nice, and other information about my experiences at school, writing, and even some of my cosplay work as I try to expand that more into my personal life as well as my public persona. I'm not quite sure how well having a 'public persona' is going to help in regards to my future career but it is something that I enjoy and want to try to explore to the fullest I can before I get sucked into a full time career in law enforcement (or whatever element of the Justice system pulls me in first).

The reason I haven't been writing much is how interesting the past few months have been for me. While transferring to new environments is always a tough experience for anybody, I've been having a little bit of a harder time just because of my unique circumstances and past experiences that I've had in my life. Between the recently illuminated emotional disorders I have been attempting to overcome, and some serious family and interpersonal issues I've had in the past few years and more so in the last 9 months, I've had little time or patience to keep any form of journal. I have still tried keeping a written journal for the sake of recording events and progress I've been making, but my blog has definitely fallen by wayside since it takes a lot more effort to maintain it and keep all the material together for it. I also waste a lot of time on here updating everything appearance wise in order to make it look like it's active and up to date.

For the story writing - I've been writing here and there and I'm on a version of the story (The Artemis Recovery) that I can work with now. It's a lot harder to write and get into my writing frame of mind for this story but it's because of how detailed I've been trying to make it. I have a few partial chapters and 2 full ones, consisting of the Prologue and Chapter 1. I have also written quite a bit of a story that I worked on for a scholarship. I did not get anything from it, but it was still a fairly exerted effort on my part and I would be happy to share it for now. ((I ended up pushing out about 63 double spaced pages for it...))
 I may have shared it under a different name in the past, but it is now named How To Be a Guardian Angel (Prev: Guardian Angel)  I'm sure the name could use some more work and uniqueness, but it was just enough of a change for me to differentiate the editions which at the time was all that mattered.

As I mentioned I'm also wanting to share some of my other activities on here. I've been dabbling in cosplay since 2012, and I'm hoping to be devoting a lot more time to it now that I'm out of my house and starting out on my own. I find cosplay to be an amazing artistic outlet and I'd love to be able to teach myself to make better and better cosplays as I work at it. To see some of my previous cosplays and what is available on my previous DeviantArt page, please follow the link here. For future updates and my new work, please go here --> I have now transitioned more fully to TheDormMouse on my various pages so that is where I'll be.

I also now stream on Twitch occasionally under the same name, in case anybody is really interested.

In addition, I'm exploring the great world of tattoos and in addition to tentatively drawing out the ones I want by my own design I'm also looking to practice drawing tattoos for other people. All of my work is slowly being put up on DeviantArt as well and I can't wait to share some of it on here as well.

Hope this is a sufficient update when paired with the chapters I've written. I'll write again as soon as I get the itch/time.

No comments:

Post a Comment